- 'Stewardesses' and 'reverberated' are the two longest words (12 letters each) that can be typed using only the left hand.
- The longest word that can be typed using only the right hand is 'lollipop'.
- Facetious and abstemious contain all the vowels in the correct order, as does arsenious, meaning "containing arsenic."
- The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.
- The only word that consists of two letters, each used three times is the word "deeded."
- Unprosperousness is the longest word - at 16 letters long - in which each letter occurs at least twice.
- Discrete to Discreet is the longest homophonic anagram. (Two words that are spelled differently but sound the same and are composed of the same letters.)
- Overnumerousnesses, 18 letters long, is the longest word that consists of only letters that lack ascenders, descenders and dots in lower case
- The longest word in standard English dictionaries is 45 letters long. Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis means 'a lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust found in volcanoes
Some interesting links..